The wandering blogger

I’ll be heading off again next week to another blogging do. This time it’s the Voices of 2013 masterclass in Melb, where I will be staying with the amazing (and completely insane) Carnival, an old housemate and disgustingly talented artist. No seriously, I can’t draw to save my life, I kinda hate her.

As you know this will be my second Voices of 2013 trip (and I’m already crunching the numbers to be back in NSW in August, God help me). I have a small list of things I’d like to accomplish this time around…

• Don’t be sick this time, that sucked.
  • Remember your damn business cards etc (seriously, why did you bother making them up when you never TAKE them anywhere???)
  • Take your camera, you’re going on holiday you dope, you completely forgot it last time and felt really stupid every time you saw something cool. You don’t go on holiday to feel stupid.
  • Try to find the venue on time… (see previous post)
  • Talk to people! They’re all very nice, and you look like a freak when you just sit in the corner all day like a startled rabbit and don’t say anything.
  • Remember what it felt like to be a person in your own right, with a fun, quirky personality completely independent of your kids!

So, those are my things. I invite fellow bloggers to stalk me freakishly and force me to socialize, it’s what Carnival would do LoL.

14 comments for “The wandering blogger

1. June 20, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I hope you get lots of photos. Everytime I leave my camera at home I regret it bigtime! And please talk to the other bloggers we are really nice people and you will find someone or three that you will hit it off with. Have fun!

Visiting from Blogs and PR

2. June 20, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Good luck with it Im sure you’ll have a great time. Just be yourself and if you smile at that other shy person in the corner Im sure you’ll make connections quickly :)

3. June 20, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Have a great time! Problogger is getting closer and I just can’t wait!!!!

• CJ
      June 20, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I’d have loved to do Problogger, but it was a case of that, or a few more of the master classes. I don’t know anyone in QLD, so I’d have had to pay for accommodation as well and unfortunately that’s more than my budget allows. If I stick to Syd, Melb and Adelaide then I can impose on various friends couches!

4. June 20, 2013 at 6:15 pm

I wish I was going to be there to meet you – please make sure you are in some too please!! I’m heading to Pro Blogger in Sept and shitting myself but oh well I’m committed now – ENJOY! x

• CJ
      June 20, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Unfortunately I’m limited to cities in which I have couches *cough* I mean friends to impose upon. I’d have loved to have done Problogger this year, but bankaccount-says-no. Maybe next year.

I’m tearing the house apart for my purple lipstick and wig to take with me. I moved in December last year and haven’t come across them yet!

5. June 20, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Forgot to say – Emily – visiting via Blogs and PR for TUST

6. June 20, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Have fun and challenge yourself to meet all the people! I must find out more about Problogger happening in Qld. I’m such a novice!

7. June 21, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I’m a new blogger, so the idea of a blogging conference sounds wildly exciting and glamorous to me- have a great time!

8. June 21, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Oh good luck! I went to a bloggers type thing this week and was hardcore super late and lost and I thought of your post! God it was embarrassing.

• CJ
      June 21, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Maybe that could be my niche? I’ll set the bar in being super late for stuff, so whenever someone is late, they think of me *g* actually that could totally work!

What kind of bloggy thing did you go to? Everything happens on the mainland so I’m a bit restricted being in Tassie, but I like to keep up to date on what everyone’s doing.

• June 22, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Haha we all need a talent. It was a product thing for a mattress company run by Blog Power Events. Eye opening and nerve wracking. Got a pillow tho!

9. Mez
    June 30, 2013 at 11:03 am

I hope you had a great time! I was there too and am now just looking up all the blogs from the attendee list! Look forward to reading more. Cheers, Mez

10. mamag850
    July 10, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Sounds like fun – there’s such fun to be had with blogging communities. Enjoy!