New (financial) year’s resolutons

This is cross-posted on The Black Stamp (so don’t feel the need to read today’s update there as well, it’s 99% a cut and paste jobber).

I went to the Voices of 2013 masterclass in Melb over the weekend – which as you all know is not local for me. Nothing is local for me, I live in Hobart. As quite often happens when I make the trek to go and take part in these things, a number of resolutions have presented themselves, however unlike what usually happens, I am going to take the time to implement them both here and over at Black Stamp.

With that in mind there is going to be a small window of dropped off activity writing-wise while I sort out some issues having to do with lay-out, organization and scheduling. I’m giving myself 2 weeks to get my online world physically organized, sorted and scheduled so that I know what I’m doing, when I’m doing it and how I’m going to go about it. I need to nail down a direction, for my blogs and for myself. There are a number of things I’d like to write about and explore and I need to work out how I’m going to make it all fit together. Thank you, all of you, for sticking with me this far. Touch wood I haven’t completely lost my mind and there will be something smoother, more organized (not too organized though), and more regular in the coming weeks!

In the mean time check out Cassie Jene’s tips for overcoming shyness. She was in the same boat as I was at DPCON13 this year, trotting up to a blogging event with baby (who was adorable!) I’m overcome with shame that I didn’t manage to get across the room to talk to her, but I will next time!

6 comments for “New (financial) year’s resolutons

1. July 2, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Thank you for linking my article to yours, Cass. Next time I, too, will say Hello (also hanging head in shame). Perhaps I should wear a wig so we can start conversations like “Who does your hair?”

• CJ
      July 2, 2013 at 5:15 pm

It was a good post! I look forward to seeing you around. I’ve been a ‘toe in the water’ kind of blogger/writer for a long time now, with nothing but support and encouragement from my hubby and extended family. This (financial) year I’m making the commitment to myself to stop being ‘toe in’ and go ‘all in’ instead.

My husband was really surprised when I came back from the previous meeting and I said that I hadn’t spoken to anyone. Just hid in the corner with my face in my note book. “But that’s not you baby, you’ve never been like that…” only two kids later and I AM like that! Well bother to that, I’m not letting it get any worse!

Also orange hair sounds great! You have to get the lippy to go with. I didn’t get a chance to go whole-hog this time, I only had my lipstick but I’ve got a whole little make-up set ready for the next one!

2. July 4, 2013 at 11:39 am

In a great burst of energy, I installed an editorial calendar plugin on my blog and planned out 2 months worth of content based on what was going on around our house over that time. Aaaaaaand…. then I got really sick. For almost a whole month! And I got a big chunk of freelance work land, which always takes priority. I can still salvage some of the schedule but I think I need to go lo-fi with a printed calendar that I can see on the wall instead of one hidden in the engine room of my blog.

Good luck with the shyness. I think I should go read those tips, too.

Visiting from Talk to us Thursdays :)

• CJ
      July 4, 2013 at 11:46 am

I know what you mean, I want a physical calender as well. Something that sits right in front of me with lists and tick boxes and pretty pictures. Maybe I’ll MAKE one with my own photo’s? Dunno. I need something though.

My household got properly sick the other week and it lasted for ages! Just starting to come good now so right back on the pony.

3. mummywifeme
    July 5, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Sounds like a great plan. Good luck getting it all sorted. I can’t wait to see what’s in store.

4. July 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm

All the best getting sorted, I’m too unorganised to get organised if you know what I mean. It must be hard having more than one place to write and have real life going on! See you when you get back :)